Friday, June 24, 2011

6. day 35 km (in total 199 km)

<Stornäsudden, Porvoo - Pikku leikosaari, Helsinki>


Heavenly Sauna

Last night I pitched my tent carefully and tied up my kayak with a rope onto a tree due to a storm. When listening the wind during the night I can easily imagine the forecast for 20 m/s was quite right. However my kayak was OK in the morning...

The first leg was across the Porvoo oil refinery and the wind was still 7-8 m/s headwind from SW, what a surprise ! First two hours I was fighting against up to 1m waves and the wind, before I managed to take a more sheltered route. I had a nice lunch break at Kalkkiranta and went to a local restaurant to have first meal indoors in six days.

A couple of days ago I was wondering the pain in my back and now I found a reason. There were some ants inside my dry suit and when I started paddling they started to bite me. I couldn't do anything, but paddle.


Mid-summer evening at Helsinki archipelago

After 7 hours paddling it was awesome to arrive at Pikku leikosaari, where Minna was waiting me and sauna was warming up. I had the chance to wash and it felt heavenly. In addition the weather is really nice, like mid-summer weather needs to be. The amount of boats is enourmous at this time of the year, which I noticed when approaching Helsinki.

For some reason I have had problems with GPS and thus the route is not continuous, but having breaks from time to time.

4 comments:

  1. Oh God. This post reminds me of the day when I was in a job and traveled 150 Kms in a day unknowingly and got scolded by my team lead. But over all it was a nice experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This amazing posting generally seems to get an excessive amount of site guests. On the web market it? This method provides a lovely amazing forget over goods. Reckon getting a little something realistic or possibly vast to supply information on is an essential advantage.

    Android apps development

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your efforts on posting great information on spam.This is very necessary to every blogger.So i look forward to your next updates in near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the reading thanks for sharing informative post!!
    Web hosting

    ReplyDelete