Friday, September 16, 2011

Week full of guiding courses

The previous week was full of guiding courses and tests.



As a starter I was doing the final part of the Paddling Guide test, the theory part with written exam. The first part of the Paddling Guide test I had already finished one month ago at the waters of Kotka in a 3 - day course. Now I'm waiting the confirmation and the results from the Finnish Canoe Federation if I made it and if I will be accepted as a certified Paddling Guide.



Right after Paddling Guide test I had 4 - day Rafting Guide course at Rovaniemi, which culminated into a test in a rapids of Vikaköngäs. Everybody had to successfully guide and steer the raft through a pre-defined track in a rapids. In addition of this test everybody had to successfully capsize the raft and re-right it with the help of flip-line. The 4 - day course was a tough one and when I managed to pass the test on Sunday I was really happy, but tired. I have been resting the beginning of the week and recovering the paddling in the rapids. We have still one part of the Rafting Guide course left, which is theory as a written exam. The exam will be made in our next period at Rovaniemi within one month.

All in all this summer has been dedicated to water activities with paddling the Finnish coastline, taking Paddling and Rafting Guide courses and visiting on a 10 new lighthouses by kayak. Despite of the focus on the water activities I have managed to nearly complete Kalevan Kierros with 4 sport events. I have still 2 orienteering competitions / events on the coming weekends. Tomorrow will be running in a Finnish Orienteering Championship race in a middle distance and after one week completing Kalevan Kierros by running 18 km orienteering race at Vaajakoski.

No comments:

Post a Comment